Saturday, 22 March 2014

My Personal Development plan

My Personal Development Plan.

To reach ones full potential or ultimate goal within life, whether that be in in your career or interests in-between you need a well organized structure put in place. This structure will detail the individual steps you have to take in order to reach your goals to ensure you have a path before you that you can work along. For instance, to become an Oscar winner you, which for the purposes of this blog is your big goal, you have to know where you currently are in the grand scale of things and have an outline of what must be done to work towards your goal.

For me, my dream is to have both feet within the film industry, primarily as a writer. Equally I would love to be an independent film maker alongside my brother and friend as this is something we have always aspired to do for years. Now I am under now illusion that achieving either of these will be straight forward and some would say that making a career our of writing and filmmaking is unlikely but I have put in place a personal development plan that shows how I intend to get to where I want to go. My Plan in steps:
  1.  Buy a top of the range Camera equipment to instil the best quality in my work.
  2. Use that equipment to continue to do film voluntary short documentaries and commercials for charities and other companies.
  3. Use these videos as promotion for paid work as a freelancer.
  4. Use the money I earn from freelancing to buy any upgrades in equipment and start collecting funds for our first film.
  5. Make a high quality original short film to enter into film festivals.
  6. If the film is successful we will use that acclaim and exposure to raise funds to make our first feature length film.
  7. Make a feature length film that will hopefully set us on our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment